Friday, April 13, 2012

15 year old saves 25 lives



Do you ever think that you could be a hero? I don’t mean being like Superman or Spiderman. Instead you can be a hero to a younger kid or an elderly person. 15 year old Madison Wallraf of suburban McHenry, Illinois reportedly ran into burning stables saving 25 horses. The fire raged for about two hours. With no hydrants, water had to be trucked in to fight the blaze that consumed the 25,000 square-foot metal barn. The teen is now suffering from injuries. "I got kicked in the shoulder by one of the horses in there and I got knocked down a few times, but my adrenaline was so high at the time that it didn't phase me," said the 4-foot, 10-inch teen. The cause of the fire remains under investigation. This goes to show that not everyone can save 25 horses’ lives but everyone can make a difference.





By: Kendra Mounsey

No comments:

Post a Comment